Oxygen Measurement Core
O2M’s "Oxygen Measurement Core" is a contract research facility. It provides full cycle in vitro and small animal in vivo oxygen measurement services.
All experiments are performed using O2M’s preclinical oxygen imager, JIVA-25™, that can accommodate sample size up to 40 mm.
O2M can carry research projects to its full experimental cycle, from sample preparation and cell seeding to in vitro and small animal in vivo oxygen imaging.
O2M can also provide biologic assays and histology assessments, publication quality data/images, and support your submission to peer reviewed journals leading up to publication of the work.
O2M’s clients are academic institutions, research foundations, and industry partners. See our recent publications from Oxygen Measurement Core as an example.
Example Projects and Samples
- In vitro longitudinal (hours/days) oxygen assessment of acellular and cell loaded biomaterials, tissue grafts, and cell encapsulation devices
- In vivo small animal longitudinal (days/weeks/months) assessment of biomaterials, tissue grafts, and cell encapsulation devices
- In vivo oxygen assessment of tumor growth and response to treatments
pO₂ maps as a function of time of a macro-encapsulation device with a channel for media flow in the center.
In vivo pO₂ maps of an islet encapsulation device implanted subcutaneously.
- Biomaterials: Gelatin, Alginate, Agarose, Collagen, Chitosan, PLGA, and other combination experimental biomaterials
- Cell encapsulation devices: flat sheet, oxygen generating, 3D printed vascular devices
- Small animal tumor models